Everyday Shenanigans With Colorful Commentary

7/01/2004
The Road Most Traveled...
And the powers that be decided to re-pave the right shoulder part of a highway I was on today making everyone move into one lane...

The following is an account of what I observed... names have been changed to protect the ticked off...

:: It was the kind of jam you see in a movie or something where inevitably a rock group's tour bus would have been stuck and then decide to play a free concert... it did not happen but man I prayed that it would...

:: The dude driving two cars in front of me actually climbed out of his sun roof to see what the dealio was...

:: In one car, four people were reading... including the driver...while traffic was still crawling...they even ended up on the grass for a lil' bit...

:: Cars are scattered on the both sides of the highway because A)they were abandoned out of frustration and desperation or B)they are the cars from the workers working on the highway... I choose A)... it just sounds better...

:: Mrs. Robinson next to me with her frosted hair, her tan in a can and her top down...of her CAR!... trying to match my radio station every time I changed my radio... she matched... me twice... but I lost her when I totally jammed out on Freeze Frame...

:: A lady in a BMW who opportuned the opportunity, when everyone was merging left she went quick right because there was no one in that lane anymore and then had to deal with the big yellow arrow light pointing left...she nearly clipped it...

:: A couple of pick-ups making a 130 foot Dukes of Hazzard U-Turn on to the other side of the highway to go the other way...

:: I debated if the best way to run through a traffic jam would be inbetween cars or on top of them... inbetween or on top... one is dangerous and kool but the other one is safer but has it's own perils (a car door slams you right in your 'flower')... still debating...

:: Some dork taking pictures of the whole thing ;-)

:: Uggh...fourty-seven hot minutes later... to go only one exit... right before a holiday weekend... and when we finally get to the actual 'Construction' part... the mob of orange vested well rested workers were just sitting around on their machines with their feet up no less... so ya know they just did not stop right when I got there...

In the mean time I wrote this poem...
Like to hear it?
Here it goes...



The Road Most Traveled...

Two highways merged among overheated hoods
And sorry I could not travel fast
And be one driver, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the overpass...

Then look the other side as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same

And both that afternoon equally paved
Were two highways covered in gray and black
Oh, I wish I kept this one for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
And I doubted if I could ever get back

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads merged among heated hoods
And I took the one most traveled by
And that has made all the difference


inspired by Bob F.
///posted by the often humiliated but never decaffeinated X @ 7/01/2004
0 Fresh Colorful Commentaries...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Animals
4 am blue
6767
835
AccordionGuy
Anti-D
Asterisk
blogblogblog
Bunny
Busblog
Davezilla
Defamer
Ego Logical
Electric Venom
Fat Free Milk
FlingusBlog
Gawker
Gizmodo
gofugyourself
Gurg
J.Treacher
kevoftheyear
Kidgod
known universe
Makeout City
Man Under Stress
Mariposa
maybe i am
Mr. Babylon
Muscle68
mynewbestfriend
Nedward
nothing
Notmyself
NRRaR
Oh For God's Sake
ordinary madness
Pinkerton
RynoBlog
Raymi
Satan's Laundromat
simply-complex
skylar
smithappens
Starbody
Sour Bob
TenYears
The Illuminated Donkey
The Long Haul
TheThousand
TwentySomething
Vitamin K
Watercooler
Wil Wheaton
ultrablognetic

The Ark
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
January 2007
July 2007
September 2008

 

The Wicked
Learn Me

 

The Riptide
Vodka4Breakfast
Madpony
Katie'n'Matt
GoFish

 

The Sin
Sorry

 

The Faithful
PeepsWhoLink2Me