Everyday Shenanigans With Colorful Commentary

12/09/2005
Un-Surprisingly... Another No Show Snow Storm...


Yeah... so last night they were ah-callin' for like for 4-6 inches maybe more... and when I finally woke up... there was less snow on the ground than yesterday... I know others got the wrath but we were spared...

... and so... ummm... ya know I totally could have gone out and ummm...ya know I totally could have worked... ummm... I didn't...

.....shhhh..... and is it weird that eventhough it did not even really snow out... I went along as if it did... and I totally did not even realize it... I stayed in my P.J.'s all day... made mahself a pot o' hot mornin' java... bundled up in a warm blanket on the couch... watched the newz for school closings... listen to my pod... enjoyed sucky daytime television... watched some Netflix... sunny shiny sunshine all day... made mahself some warm cozy coffee in the afternoon... watched the newz for the commute home... every once in a while answering the door... ring and run these days... for deliveries for the holidaze... ahhh... now this is the life...



//pause for effect//



... and then around 7:30 pm... I hear a thud by the door and then the doorbell... so I thought it must be another delivery... ring and run... so still in my P.J.'s... I flop open the inside door... and beyond the big glass super cold fogged outside door... there is this kid standing there... right there on the welcome mat...

... so picture the kid...

//whatever ethnicity you are... picture the opposite//

//whatever your gender... picture the same//

//and if you are not ten years old... picture a ten year old//

...and it is super dark out...

... totally cold out...

... very windy...


... and the kid's nose is totally running...


... and before I could say kindly 'not interested'... the kid was already into the sell... and it was the kind of sell where all the words were just like one long word... from one deep breath... and if a single syllable was forgotten... which was... the kid had to start from the almost beginning... uggh... uggh... it totally broke my heart...

So I stopped the kid and yelled thru the foggy glass door like it was a rushing subway "HEY... I'LL TAKE 'ONE' OF WHAT EVA YA GOT!!"

So the kid lit up and started to open the giant tuppahware box and I yelled 'HOW MUCH!?!"

And the kid yelled '...EVERYTHING IS 7'... so I yelled 'KEWL...' and as I went to get cash I can hear the kid yell '...OR 2 FOR 13... OR 3 FOR 20...'

...funny kid...

And as I laughed... I got my cash and... oh no... uggh... my heart sank... guess how much I had...


In a word... justguess...
///posted by the often humiliated but never decaffeinated X @ 12/09/2005
0 Fresh Colorful Commentaries...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Animals
4 am blue
6767
835
AccordionGuy
Anti-D
Asterisk
blogblogblog
Bunny
Busblog
Davezilla
Defamer
Ego Logical
Electric Venom
Fat Free Milk
FlingusBlog
Gawker
Gizmodo
gofugyourself
Gurg
J.Treacher
kevoftheyear
Kidgod
known universe
Makeout City
Man Under Stress
Mariposa
maybe i am
Mr. Babylon
Muscle68
mynewbestfriend
Nedward
nothing
Notmyself
NRRaR
Oh For God's Sake
ordinary madness
Pinkerton
RynoBlog
Raymi
Satan's Laundromat
simply-complex
skylar
smithappens
Starbody
Sour Bob
TenYears
The Illuminated Donkey
The Long Haul
TheThousand
TwentySomething
Vitamin K
Watercooler
Wil Wheaton
ultrablognetic

The Ark
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
January 2007
July 2007
September 2008

 

The Wicked
Learn Me

 

The Riptide
Vodka4Breakfast
Madpony
Katie'n'Matt
GoFish

 

The Sin
Sorry

 

The Faithful
PeepsWhoLink2Me